Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lots on the line for Samsung with Galaxy S IV

I do not know but my heart says I want to have a Samsung Galaxy S3. At first, I want the IPhone but it's kinda expensive and decided to have a Samsung Galaxy S3 instead. But what's this I saw online, a new Samsung Galaxy S4???? Well, I thinks I'm going for the Galaxy S3.

The success of Samsung Electronics Co's latest Galaxy phone, set to be launched in New York on Thursday, could hinge on a supply backup plan aimed at preventing a repeat of a costly snag for its premium smartphone last year.

Some analysts predict the new Galaxy S IV could top 10 million unit sales in the first month after its launch, so any hiccups in the smooth delivery of core components could be disastrous.

The risks are high. A simple manufacturing snafu involving unsatisfactory design of handset cases cost Samsung some 2 million units of lost sales in just a month after it launched the S III in May last year.

Samsung picked the United States for the launch of its top-selling Galaxy series, hoping to regain its lead in the crucial U.S. market. Apple Inc outsold Samsung there for the first time in the quarter ending in December, even after Samsung spent a record $400 million on phone advertisements there last year.

No comments: