Sunday, August 04, 2013

Real-Life Barbie

Real-Life Barbie? Model Created Look to Spread Beliefs

Since I was a little girl, I really love playing barbie dolls. Before, I let my mom buy me different kinds of barbie dolls with different dresses. But as I grow older, I have more important interests but still I love barbie doll. Online I there are articles about human barbie dolls and as of this moment I am reading one article now. A young Russian model who reportedly spent a half-million dollars to turn herself into a real-life Barbie doll is indeed quite real and not the result of a computer-generated image. Even so, many of the stories written about her are not the real deal. Contrary to many headlines, there's no evidence that Lukyanovais actually trying to emulate the world's most popular doll; the word "Barbie" does not appear anywhere on Lukyanova's website nor in any of the available material attributed to her. Furthermore, a Google search of images of Lukyanova reveals plenty of airbrushed glamour shots, but conspicuously absent are photos of her with her supposed idol, Barbie. Surely if this aspiring model's claim to fame were centered on trying to achieve Barbie's supposedly idealized proportions, she would have taken many photos of her with the doll she's trying to look like.

No comments: